Monthly Dev Update— January, 2023
Porting the game to Unreal Engine 5.1 from Unreal Engine 4
All encompassing NFT traits for Bulls
Christmas wearables integrated into the game
Updates on special weapons
Buying bull tokens with INR
Beary’s Bootcamp badge
Welcome to the first dev update for 2023. We have hit the ground running after Christmas and New Year long weekend, working on some epic features and game updates. Now that we are increasing the ante in terms of growth, visibility and user acquisition, development pipeline has streamlined harmoniously, with our development team starting to create riveting designs along with efficient programming, giving all of you one of the best game play experiences in the Web3 gaming world.
The first month of January has been nothing short of a cracking month from a development perspective.
Always relevant and in front of the curve!
We are always striving to be in line with the latest technology and trends in the market. In line with that, we have ported the game from Unreal Engine 4 to Unreal Engine 5.1! More new features and latest developments for you in the months to come.
Hitting the Bullseye!
Killing the unrelenting zombie through a headshot will earn you twice as more exp going forward. More accuracy, more points.
We have added all NFT traits to the bulls. You will be able to enjoy all the uniqueness and the class of each of your bulls in the game play.
A new gateway
We wanted to make things more interesting in the spawn room. Hence, we have added a door to it to ensure players see the correct path to follow. Speaking of gateways and portals, we have also shut down all portals barring special ones post round 29.
Sticky Nicky gets its fair share?
Sticky will drop Ammo boxes if interrupted. Less firepower!!! To tilt the scale, we have also reduced the amount of time Sticky Nicky steals per round and finally, if you are on rounds 30+, Sticky Nicky can cast a spell to kill you if you survive for more than 2 minutes.
Christmas All The Way!
All the Christmas wearables are now integrated into the game. It is a Christmas celebration all the time at Bulliever island.
We understood it could have been challenging to reset clothing choices in the wardrobe. Now, there is a reset button, so that you can keep starting from the beginning without having to change one by one.
The COTM folks will start seeing their fruits of labour. The wearables are now subsumed into the game. Keep winning more COTM and see your profile grow in our universe.
The Third Eye!
Half the battle is won, once you know the playing field and your enemies. We have created a beacon which when interacted with will allow you to see enemy types and portals. On top of that, we have also optimized all maps in game to utilize Lumen and Nanite features
Myriad of Opportunities!
With us forging partnerships left, right and center and looking to acquire and retain more users, battle pass and competitions will play a key role in it. Hence, we have already built battle pass functionality, having an eye on the future.
Weapons and powers are gold dust in an apocalyptic war. We have made some insane and effective changes on this front in the gameplay. Primarily, that sword animation is going to look more captivating as we have added more layers to it. Along with that, we have also added special attacks which will leave you craving more power. Furthermore, we have also added weapons skin to weapons layout creating more aesthetic effects. Finally, along with this, the following changes/additions were made to provide better gameplay,
- Curb on special weapons that can be accessed: 2.
- Disabling unlimited ammo pickup for weapons with ‘nil’ ammo.
- Limiting the fire rate of pistols.
Besides the above mentioned updates, we have worked on ensuring controller movement also being limited by howler debuff, reducing player speed in swamp water by 40%, increasing the time interval of complete message(2X), adjusting green orb following from a speed and distance vantage and finally, quick play timer mechanics, pausing during gameplay and visible in the pause menu.
We usually endeavour to create the ultimate game, with flawless capabilities but at times, there are few small hiccups in terms of minor bugs, which need fixing each month. The past month, we worked on fixing the following,
- Weapon gun box functionality.
- Fixed unlimited headshots on bears with the ultimate pistol bug.
- Removing the random start score at the beginning of the game.
- Portal sickness debuffs from being stuck on screen permanently.
- Sell your soul debt calculations.
- Disabling the ability to buy multiple items will sell your soul.
- Removing bug where if LMB is held down before weapon is ready to fire
- Loot goblin yielding a large amount of points when being killed by sword.
- Several minor bugs with AI’s (enemies).
- Flamethrower not hitting loot goblin.
The game updates are also coupled with tech interventions from engineering and community management perspective. The past month, we
- Automated Diamond Militia role assignment in Discord.
- Onmeta and Onramp integration to buy Bull tokens using INR(Indian Rupees). While we have worked on this, we have not made this feature live. Look out for updates from our communications team in the following months.
- Website enhancement for loading marketplace and assets faster.
- Bullieverse marketplace trading notification on Discord and Twitter.
- Badge contracts and enabling Beary’s Bootcamp Badge for relevant players.
- Minor bug fixing to the website to optimise for network bandwidth.
Bullieverse is an Open Metaverse where NFTs come to life through an immersive gaming experience built on the Unreal engine. This ecosystem is rapidly expanding, with new players joining the community and new games being created with in-game assets & fair incentives aligned alongside Web3 ethos. Through Bullieverse DAO, Bullieverse will progressively decentralize to become a community-owned metaverse governed by the $Bull token holders.
🐂🏝️ Join Bullieverse Social Channels:
Website | Official Group | Announcement | Twitter | Discord| Medium | Instagram | Youtube |